I could have said screw it and left the day without any activity, but I decided to get on the bike during our "Family Feud/Wheel of Fortune" nighttime routine. We try not to have the t.v. on too much, so a little "Diego" in the morning while I'm getting ready and these two shows before Braxton's bedtime are usually what we do during the week. The weekends can be a little different, especially in the winter and the recent football season and all. We're not perfect, but do what we can.
So during our t.v. time I got on the bike. I can't run on the TM as Braxton would be all over that and doesn't really understand that he'd get hurt, so I opt for the bike if he's downstairs (usually I run during his nap time on Friday's and during the weekend, unless Wade can keep him upstairs). He ALWAYS wants to be on the bike, so riding it is in itself a challenge, but in the have-to-keep-him-out-of-way-of-the-pedals variety. Between the two of us we eventually succeeded and I promised to give him a turn when "mommy gets done." So I hit that up for a half an hour and 7.5 miles:-)
And yes, I let him play with the buttons and took him for a little ride when I got done...as soon as he heard the beep that signified the workout was over, he came running from his playroom and was on me like white on rice!
Back to grocery shopping. $179 later (I swear I was going in for milk and fruit, what happened?) I left the store with all of our regular staples and some new-again things. Here are some highlights:
- Hummus; to be paired with baby carrots and Stacy's pita chips (I pre-portioned both otherwise I wouldn't ever bring it to work to eat...)
- Choboni fruit flavored greek yogurt (even on sale that ish is $$). I gave in and tried some at my sister's over the weekend & realized I do actually like greek yogurt. It could rival a Starbucks addicts' weekly bill, but what do you do?
- Fruit, fruit, and more fruit. Bananas, apples, pears, oranges, and strawberries. My mom told me this weekend she brings an apple, banana, and orange everyday to work, so I thought I'd try that too. It keeps her from snacking on the "bad" stuff and lately all I want to do is eat (especially at work), so I thought this could be a good trick to try.
- Instant Oatmeal; seems to be filling and still something comforting during the cold winter months. Sometimes I like a "second breakfast" (since I'm hungry all the time!) and this should be a better fit than a bagel w/cream cheese (mini bagel and from home) or english muffin w/PB.
- Valentine's inspired donut holes. Okay so this isn't exactly a healthy snack and is in fact an impulse buy. I could blame it on "pregnancy cravings," but I am in fact just a sweets/donuts fan in general, so there;-)
This morning I also tried the trick of eating my cereal out of one of lil man's bowls...I was satisfied after and it was probably 1/2-3/4 of my regular portion!
I also am trying to drink water and/or chew bubble gum before I reach for another snack throughout the workday...it helps me to know if I'm really hungry or just wanting to snack to snack.
PS: I totally have my eye on two half's in October as options for my "comeback" races!! Exciting stuff:-)