|The one I got:-)|
**Any links I post are just where to find what I'm talking about...they are NOT affiliate links and this is all stuff I purchase on my own. I'll let you know if I ever get anything for free;-)
I did my research...asked on facebook if anyone owned one & how they liked it; the 2 people that responded (I know...I'm so popular;-) had great things to say about theirs. I e-mailed Skinny Runner, as I thought I remembered her having one and she was kind enough to get back to me with her thoughts. I then comparison shopped (gotta love being able to do so on-line) at Target, Kohl's, and Amazon. Target's the cheapest and I have a RedCard (Debit version), so I got to save an additional 5%. I ended up buying the above starter kit, a set of 2 extra 1 liter bottles, and the 2 mixes I got for free with the coupon (I chose Country Time Lemonade & Diet Root Beer).
My thoughts thus far:
- It's super easy to use. I would fill the bottle with water and let it get cold in the fridge first before carbonating...you add the mix if you want to last.
- We bought the extra bottles to be able to keep a constant rotation. So far I've been just carbonating water and taking it to work. I added fresh lime this morning...delish!
- Currently we buy a lot of crystal lite type drink mixes...I see this replacing it. We buy a small amount of pop and it should replace that too. We used to buy sparkling water from Trader Joe's, but rarely get there anymore...this will for sure replace that!
- It's full sugar versions are much lower in calories than the powder mix version you'd buy at the store. This will make more sense to let Braxton have rather than pop, which we haven't let him have yet when the time comes.
- It's a great way to drink more water. There's something FUN about drinking sparkling water to me. Mixes it up I guess.
- You can use mix or just carbonate water. We'll do some of both. You can make your own mix (to save more money). We haven't attempted that yet, but may look into in the future.
- Having more bottles and cooling the water first makes them taste better and the carbonation is fresher if you wait to carbonate until after they are cooler rather than cool after carbonation...if that makes sense! You have to use their bottles...the regular ones are nice and thick.
- You can experiment with the strongness of the flavor (and carbonation) to find a taste that fits your individual buds.
- Refilling the carbonation tank at Target's customer service desk seems to be the cheapest way in our neck of the woods. Don't buy new tanks every time! You can buy larger tanks...we haven't had ours long enough to know how long it'll last.